Samba 2.0.7 PDC not updating user list

MATLAB Control Models matlab at control.co.za
Mon Jul 31 22:27:41 GMT 2000

Ah, but 2.0.7 has made a list. Thus there must be some way to update it.

I have no need for user manager for domains to work on the samba box, just to
be able to authenticate users on the client workstations. This is working fine
except that the list does not update.

Where is the list stored ? How can it be updated. Can I force samba to update
the list.

> Date:          Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:11:03 +1000
> From:          David Bannon <D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au>
> Subject:       Re: Samba 2.0.7 PDC not updating user list
> To:            matlab at mweb.co.za, Multiple recipients of list SAMBA-NTDOM
>                <samba-ntdom at samba.org>

> At 05:47 PM 30/07/2000 +0200, Buchan Milne wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a samba box (2.0.7) as PDC ...... but are not
> >listed in the list of users in the domain. This is the list you see
>
> Sorry, 207 support for User manager for Domains is hardly there at all. If
> you want those sort of facilities you will need to use TNG or possibly one
> of the old versions of NTDom both of which are pretty different to 207.
>
> David

> David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
> School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
> La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
> Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au
> ..... Humpty Dumpty was pushed !

Control Models - Matlab for Africa
See our webpage at http://www.control.co.za
mailto:matlab at control.co.za
Please reply to the above address, not the default!