NetApp Filer and Samba

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Jul 31 19:13:44 GMT 2000

In message <3985CDD0.56BA5446 at valinux.com>you write:
}Danny Braniss wrote:

}Well we don't have access to a NetApp to test against
}I'm afraid.
well, i have 2 and am willing to spend some time helping to debug.

}
}Another question for people currently using NetApps - what
}(CIFS) feature made you decide to use a NetApp ? Is there
}anything missing in Samba that would make it suit you better ?
}(and yes I *know* about ACLs - we're working in it, ok :-).
}
we are mainly a unix shop, so cifs was/is a side benefit(?). one filer is used
for home dirs, so it's nice to be able to share it among unix and ms.

danny

}--
}Buying an operating system without source is like buying
}a self-assembly Space Shuttle with no instructions.