NetApp Filer and Samba

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Mon Jul 31 19:04:48 GMT 2000

Danny Braniss wrote:

> how many pizzas will it take for the samba team to come up with a workaround?
>
> i know that no amount of pizzas will get netapp to fix it -i have tried now
> for several years-
>
>         danny
> PS: how many out there have netapp filers and would like it to work with
> samba's PDC?

Well we don't have access to a NetApp to test against
I'm afraid.

Another question for people currently using NetApps - what
(CIFS) feature made you decide to use a NetApp ? Is there
anything missing in Samba that would make it suit you better ?
(and yes I *know* about ACLs - we're working in it, ok :-).

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.