Samba Domains & Password authenication

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Thu Jul 27 18:18:32 GMT 2000

As I understand it, you will have to run TNG on the NIS master
in order to get the NT hashes and NIS to be properly synchronized.
(An NIS client will not be allowed to change a password without
knowing the cleartext old password--something Samba will not know.)

Then you can run 2.0.x file servers in addition, and you won't
have to run around applying a registry patch to NT workstations.
In fact, is there even a clear-text registry hack for Win2000?

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com