Where to get SAMBA TNG

Paul J Collins pjdc at eircom.net
Mon Jul 24 20:13:27 GMT 2000

    Sascha> I tried to get SAMBA TNG with CVS, but the Version I get
    Sascha> didn't compile.  Where can I get a version wich does
    Sascha> compile.

Please post the errors you get for the file that fails to compile;
without that, help is simply not possible.

If TNG doesn't compile, it probably means that a) your machine lacks
some libraries or something; b) someone is working on TNG and either
hasn't finished checking all their changes yet or has (surely not!)
broken it.

If b) is the case, the only thing you can do is try again later, or
try checking out the SAMBA_TNG_2_5_GOOD branch.  Or you could try an
alpha release from ftp.samba.org.  Bear in mind that these latter two
are both old-ish.

Paul.

--
Paul Collins <pjdc at eircom.net> - - - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD