[TNG] Status (and merging)

Åke Holmlund holm at informatik.umu.se
Mon Jul 24 13:28:45 GMT 2000

Gerald Carter wrote:

> What will be in 2.2.0?
>
>   - rewritten locking semantics
>   - TDB support for various internals databases
>   - merged rpcclient from TNG
>   - Support for Windows NT point and print
>     features (automatic print driver install)
>   - consolidation of printer driver management
>     methods for Windows 95/98 and NT
>   - support for storing accounts in LDAP (this one
>     is the sketchiest right now)
>
> Probably some other things I have forgotten, but the
> above list is a good starting point.

This is what I HAVE to have running by the end of the week:

- W2k "domain clients" ("NT4-style" domain will do)
- Accounts in LDAP
- Some kind of printing
- Shares from the server
- Password changing from W2k and/or smbpasswd

I'm quit sure all the point above is very important but in my situation
I can't benifit from them since we will be running W2k :-(

Åke Holmlund					Tel:  +46 - 90 786 57 16
Umeå University					Fax:  +46 - 90 786 65 50
Dept of informatics				Email: holm at informatik.umu.se
SE-901 87 Umeå
Sweden