cross-subnet authentication

Philip Ciufo phil at elec.uow.edu.au
Sat Jul 22 02:39:42 GMT 2000

I've been using samba for a while now as a PDC and now require to move
several NT workstations into a new subnet, one that is different from the
subnet the PDC resides in. I tried the move already and the workstation
comes up with the error "a pdc for the domain could not be found". I
placed an entry in the lmhosts file of the workstation and this made no
difference.

I ran samba with a higher log level, but have lost the logs. However, I
did see a "rejecting dgram ..." message of sort in the nmbd log file. I
can reproduce the error, so if anyone feels I really need the log file
then I can post it.

My issue here is really if anyone has had a samba PDC in A.B.C.any
subnet and the workstation in A.B.D.any subnet and been able to get the
workstation to authenticate? If so, was there anything special you had to
do?

Thanks,

Phil

Philip Ciufo                      - __o  email: phil at elec.uow.edu.au
School of Electrical, Computer - _`\<,_         phone: 61-2-42213133
and Telecommunications       _  (_) /(_)          FAX: 61-2-42213236
Engineering
University of Wollongong,    Northfields Ave, Wollongong N.S.W. 2522
Australia.                          Somewhere on the blue planet ...