Print Server / Printer Accounting

Glen Gibb grg at ridley.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jul 21 02:01:26 GMT 2000

One of the printers at my site is an HP LaserJet 4. I tried numerous
ways to get the page count from it, and in the end I discovered the only
way that worked for me was to query it for the page count using PostScript
(even if the job just printed was PCL).

LPRng is able to query the printer for a page count using postscript
commands.

Glen Gibb
Ridley College