Print Server

Matthew Keller kellermg at potsdam.edu
Wed Jul 19 18:04:23 GMT 2000

Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> actually counting PS pages is not so simple because counting the ShowPage
> command is not enough, especially in cases where people print multiple
> pages in one.

	ShowPage is not relieable, however the %%Pages marker is, as long as
you understand how it works. In my environment, everyone is printing
from an application- Yes, someone could manipulate the raw postscript
and edit these fields, but that isn't a concern for us (and I have ways
of tracking THAT as well)

--

 Matthew Keller
 Lead Programmer/Analyst