Print Server

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Wed Jul 19 08:56:06 GMT 2000

Just allow guest printing on the print server and set "map to guest =
Bad User" in [global].

I have this set up on a P75 16MB Redhat6.2 samba2.0.7, uptime 48days, in
which time I have had to "reboot" the laserjet about 10 times. As soon
as I have added all the users to our new samba 2.0.7 PDC and all the
machines, I will remove the "guest ok = yes" on the printers.

Since we're talking about printing, what is the best method for doing
accounting on a samba 2.0.7 printserver which is a member of a domain ?
Using an ACCT: filter in printcap ?

Buchan

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za