Print Server

jahall at nea.org jahall at nea.org
Tue Jul 18 21:05:24 GMT 2000

I currently have Red Hat 6.1 with Samba 2.0.6 running on a Pentium 90 with 32
MB of RAM.  Since we are moving from Vines to SAMBA, I am working on a
migration plan.  Part of that plan involves ensuring users do not lose any of
their printing fucntionality while the migration is taking place.

As an interim step, I would like to move all the print services to the Linux
box.  Is there anyway to allow users access to printers without requiring them
to login?  We are using Windows NT 4.0 Workstations with service pack 5
installed for clients.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jay Hall, Director of Information Technology Services
Missouri NEA