TNG: local/domain membership problem

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Fri Jul 14 17:03:21 GMT 2000

The questionis, how this application checks, wether you're
in the group or not.

It has two methods for doing so:

a) Check the group directly, wether the user is listed or
   not.
b) check the credentials of the currently logged in user,
   wether it contains the local group.

You can test, if your credentials contain the local group
with two methods:

1. secedit.exe, comes with ntreskit.
   It shows you your complete credentailset
2. Create some local directory, and only give the local
   group permissions in it, then check, wether you realy
   can use those permissions.

I currently would guess, that the application is broken and
uses method a) from above.

    Elrond