ntdom faq outdate?

Wilson Yau wilson at coms.com
Thu Jul 13 14:03:55 GMT 2000

I was trying to work out of 'How do I configure an account as a domain
administrator?' from the faq

http://de.samba.org/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/page4.html#4-3-1

'domain group map' works for me, but not either 'domain user map' or
'local group map'.  Have these two parameters gone away, too?

-------------------------------------

Let me elaborate a bit more on what I mean above:

I presume users in the adm group of the localgroup.map would have the
priviledge to perform administrative tasks on a client machine (local
domain) when they have valid user accounts on that workstation when I
have done the following:

Add a line to the [global] section of smb.conf file:

	local group map = /usr/local/samba/lib/localgroup.map

Add a line to the file /usr/local/samba/lib/localgroup:

	localadm=BUILTIN\Administrators

where localadm is a group of users (to-be-local administrators)
specified in the /etc/group file

I presume 'root' will become a domain administrator or I can log into a
NT-PDC domain as 'administrator' when I have done the following:

Add this line to the [global] section of smb.conf file

	domain user map = /usr/local/samba/lib/domainuser.map

Add this line to the file /usr/local/samba/lib/domainuser.map:

	root-Administrator administrator admin

Add a samba account for root:

	smbpasswd -a root