File locking and sharing problems with Access

Brown, Matthew MBrown at msdemo.ms.gmsmail.com
Wed Jul 12 13:27:01 GMT 2000

Isn't this a 'share modes' issue?

I had the same problem, but I remember fixing it with a simple setting.  I
think it was share modes = yes, but I cannot recall at this specific moment.

I guess I could conceive of it being a problem of the create mask as well.
Perhaps the .LDB file created to lock the database is being masked as 0700
or something like that, effectively locking out any other users but the user
who first opens the file (thus creating the owner-locked version of the
..LDB).  TO check this one, open the access db then do a ls -l on the
directory with the access db, looking for the .LDB file.  Look at its
permissions.

-Matthew Brown