PAM_NTDOM->SAMBA CVS

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Jul 10 22:58:01 GMT 2000

At 11:14 PM 10/07/2000 +1000, Ben Meyer wrote:
>So if I am understanding things correctly, I need to go and grab the CVS
>version of Samba. ..... All I
>needed it for was web authentication, and I have been happy with 2.0.6,

Then all you need is PAM_SMB, it works fine as a stand alone product (that
is, no need for TNG).

There is a pam modual for Netscape server and it works well. There is a
suggestion that pam_smb is not as secure as pam_ntdom but if you are
getting the passwords from the web anyway its hardly worth worrying about.

David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au