One-stop-authentication-shop

Brown, Matthew MBrown at msdemo.ms.gmsmail.com
Fri Jul 7 18:09:12 GMT 2000

Yes, I think you can do exactly that.  I am just completing a migration
where I had to do that for a short time as a stop gap measure to fix a
mistake I'd made in planning.

Basically what I'd done is set up the Samba server as a member of the NT
domain (authdom in your case), set the password server to be the authdom
PDC, and it seemed to do exactly what you're talking about.

By the way, I find Samba's user directory feature to be far superior to
NT's, but that may be because I did not know how to create a share for each
NT user automagically that matched their username.

I amay have left something out here, but I don't recall specifically
changing any other defaults to make this work as you described.

-Matthew Brown