samba-TNG-2.5 and W2K browsing problems

Alex S. Burba burba at okbmei.msk.su
Fri Jul 7 14:45:28 GMT 2000

Hello.

I have a following problem:
We have samba-TNG-2.5 (with-pam,with-syslog,with-quotas,with-profile), which is a PDC, in the network of workstations with W2K and a little of WIN95/98. I'am trying to set up samba to work as PDC, correctly, and now I have succeded in these things:
-workstations are domain members,
-via domain group/user map I can correctly set up rights of the domain users.
-users of domain can finely log on to domain

Now about my problems:
-when I log to domain from W2K I can see only samba server in the Network Neighborehood, but nothing more. Even if the other workstations are working and logged on to domain. Sometimes 2 or 3 workstations apper in the browse list, but then
suddenly disappear. If I use old samba-2.0.6 browsing is fine. What can I do?

-when I log on to domain from WIN95/98 as a common user I can see a root home
directory connected as a service [homes], but not my user directory! If I log on to domain from W2K I see my home directory connected as a service [homes]. What can I do?

-Can I disable CREATING PROFILES ON SERVER? It is not very good for us to have profiles on server, it will be much better if W2K will store profiles on its disk.

Sorry for my poor english.

Here is my samba config:

[global]

netbios name = NS
netbios string = NS server
workgroup = GROUP
domain group map = /usr/local/samba/lib/domain-group.map
domain user map = /usr/local/samba/lib/domain-user.map
log level = 1

security = user
domain logons = yes
encrypt passwords = yes