Samba as PDC - unix/windows passwords

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Fri Jul 7 09:23:58 GMT 2000

Mike Westkamper wrote:

> Here here!
>
> Would appreciate the same...
>
> Mike
>
> Seth Vidal wrote:
>
> > > Yes this may be.
> > > Here I solved the problem by not permitting user to change their
> > > password through windows or standard unix tools. Instead I have set up
> > > an HTTPS server and I'm using PHP plus some setuid root executables to
> > > update both nis and samba password databases.
> >
> > can you make these scripts and configuration options available to the rest
> > of us?
> >
> > I'd like to avoid having to do any work thats already been done.
> > -sv

Ok, there's something i put on my home page in a hurry.
The 'thing' is really rough and messy and I consider it a starting
point.
Again the tgz is not up to date (I have not on hand just now the last
modifications we made) but should work.

See:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/9757/samba.html

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451