slow download/upload

Kevin Chan yoshers at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 6 18:06:07 GMT 2000

Ever since we moved our NT server to the Samba platform, I have noticed that
we also frequently download large images of Win98 partitions for our users
from our servers, and this has been noticeably slower as well.  This was not
the case before and they are independent events (meaning that it is not
because we are overloading the system by doing downloading and logging on at
the same time).  Even when no one is logged on, the downloading is slow and
even when no one is downloading, logging on is slow.

In addition, we normally make adjustments to our images from time to time,
which we then upload onto the server.  For some reason, this process has
become EXTREMELY slow...

And I cannot figure out why and was hoping someone could give me some
insight to what you have done to troubleshoot this kind of problem.

If any more info is needed, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
KevinChan

SystemsAdministrator
Administrative Computing