Samba as PDC - unix/windows passwords

J.L.Gilmour at exeter.ac.uk J.L.Gilmour at exeter.ac.uk
Thu Jul 6 13:49:41 GMT 2000

As I understand things, you _must_ have 'encrypt passwords' set to yes in
order for NT clients to sucessfully join a domain, etc.

But to authenticate NT users from the Unix password file, 'encrypt passwords'
needs to be set to no.

In other words, am I right in thinking I can't have a Samba server as PDC
*and* use the Unix password file?

'twould be a great shame if this is the case...

Jayne.