configure options

James Nord nord at cdt.luth.se
Thu Jul 6 13:36:48 GMT 2000

Hi,

I got an updated TBNG today and am about to compile but I'm a little
confused on some of the compile options.
(RH Linux 2.2.16 kernel)
Could someone answer the following please?

What is --with-smbwrapper ?

I want to be able to do DFS alla NT ie access \\mymachine\sharename\dir
but actually get \\someothermachine\sharename\dir but which of the
following options do I use?

--with-dfs
--with-msdfs

Whats the difference between them?

--with-ldap
--with-nt5ldap
--with-sam-pwdb={passdb,tdb,nt5ldap}
	Which do I need to be able to store account info in an LDAP server?
	Is there someone who has put together a good samba/ldap FAQ?

--with-ssl
	Will this build me a server capable of talking both SSL and non SSL or
will I need to compile one with-ssl and one without ssl?
Will the --with-ssl comunicate directly with the Win2k SSL/TLS SMB
features?

Thanks for your help,

	/James

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams