Using NT 4.0 WKS and Novell Client

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Wed Jul 5 11:59:29 GMT 2000

Paul J Collins wrote:

>     Darren> Occasionally I see a message refering to an access
>     Darren> violation error on winlogon.exe, but I'm not sure if this
>     Darren> a symptom rather than a cause.
>
> I presume that you have reapplied your service pack after each of
> these network configuration changes (including client
> installs/reinstalls)?  Tedious, I know, but vital.
>
> Paul.

Paul is right, reapplyng service pack is vital,
if however your problem persist I think the Novell Client, assusmes some
kind of data normally set by an NT PDC (but not by samba 2.0.x) on logon
answer to be set and crashes on a non tested condition.
If this is the case it would be interesting to see what would happen
with PDC support from samba TNG (that is more complete than 2.0.x).

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451