Help Badly

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Sat Jul 1 20:17:04 GMT 2000

I have a few problems I will try to be brief but complete. I am trying to
use samba as a file server on a nt network. I want to use swat to configure
it first of all. I went into the /etc/services and swat 901/tcp is there. I
went into /etc/inetd.conf and uncommented the swat line way down at the very
bottom. I restarted the inetd services with kill -hup but no luck swat will
not come up. So then I said the heck with it I can do it by hand. Look at
the files below and see where I have gone wrong please. When I try to
connect to this machine it gives me \\linuxpower is not acessable network
not available. But strange thing is I can ping it by name and address. Plus
if it was not available I would not be able to get out because it is the dns
for my domain. This box is  dual pentium 233 with 256 meg of ram and
10,000rpm UWscsi IBM 9.1 gig drive. And 3 2.1 gig Wide seagate scsi drives.

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = DIGITALRAGE
        netbios name = LINUXPOWER