Problem with User Manager and latest SAMBA_TNG cvs code

Russel H. Ingram ringram at acpl.lib.wy.us
Mon Jan 31 04:47:07 GMT 2000

I just downloaded, compiled, and installed the latest cvs SAMBA_TNG code
to run an experimental Samba PDC today.  I have successfully joined the
domain with both WinNT 4.0 Workstations but can no longer view either
the domain users or the local group members.  Using the User Manager for
Domains I am unable to see the domain groups and users for lack of
priviledges.  Using the User Manager I am unable to access the groups
from even the local administrator account.  When trying to access the
local groups the User Manager complains of a lost connection to the
domain.  I compiled it --with-automount --with-quotas --with-profiles on
Linux kernel version 2.2.14.  I'm running all of the daemons except for
spoolssd (no printers setup on the server yet).  Below is the global
section of my smb.conf.  Is this a bug in the code or a problem with my
setup?

 [global]
        netbios name = ghost
        workgroup = borg
        password level = 8
        allow hosts = 192.168.1. 127.0.0. 192.168.1.11
        interfaces = 192.168.1.100
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        load printers = YES
        log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m
        max log size = 50
        short preserve case = YES
        preserve case = YES
        locking = NO
        strict locking = NO
	os level = 33
        security = user
        encrypt passwords = yes
        smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
        domain master = YES
        null passwords = true
        status = YES
        wins support = YES
        wins proxy = YES
        domain logons = yes
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        logon path = "\\%L\%U\profile"
        logon home = "\\%L\%U"
        logon drive = h:
        browseable = YES
        default case = lower

TIA,

--Russ

Russel Ingram           | "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"
Linux.com Support Staff |
gargoyle at linux.com      |                              -- Linux Journal