LDAP disables password setting from client?

Jim Morris Jim at Morris.net
Mon Jan 31 03:57:02 GMT 2000

Okay, here's another question related to the LDAP support in Samba.

If LDAP is enabled, does it prevent a Windows client PC from using the
change password dialog on the PC to set their network password on
the Samba server?

The reason I ask is that password setting worked before I switched to
LDAP, i.e. when I was storing passwords in the smbpasswd file...

Thanks!

 --
| Jim Morris  | Business:  jmorris at rtc-group.com |