coding volunteers needed for msrpc server-side API conversion

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Sun Jan 30 01:11:56 GMT 2000

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Anders C. Thorsen wrote:

> I saw that spoolss was done..
> Is there anything else I should get on with?
>
> Bear in mind that i'm not an expert on the samba internals,
> but want to help out with the basic tasks + I want to learn more
> about them.

excellent!  ok, i suggest you start with browserd (which contains one
function.  examine wkssvcd first (comments etc).  talk to sean millichamp
and sander striker, who are also involved with this [wonderful, boring]
task, and well, basically, divide the task between yourselves :)

elrond is doing lsarpc.

sander wanted to do svcctl because he is also wanting to improve it.

that leaves netlogo and srvsvc as the biggies, and i'll leave them up to
you as to how you want to tackle those.

i'm accepting patches in the form of mods to one-or-two msrpc functions
ata time.  i suggest you subscribe to samba-cvs so that when you start you
know you won;t be duplicating effor, as i will be committing patches and
naming the function call converted in the cvs commit message.  the other
reason is that one-function patches are easier to review.

diff -u for preference.

thx!

> --Anders
> Overworked Programmer/Student (status the same as always..)
>
> > On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Anders C. Thorsen wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, I'm currently busy with school, but I could probably
> > > spare som hrs. in the weekend.
> >
> > yaay :)
> >
> > > I'm sorry for not "grabbing" one task, as I don't have
> > > the source code available where I'm at now (home). But
> > > if there is something that you'd like to get done during
> > > the weekend, please tell me an I'll spend some time in
> > > the weekend helping you out.
> >
> > ok, verr' cool!  well, by then, me and mr s.striker should have samr
> > nailed.  the next one will be spoolss.
> >
> > > --Anders
> > > Overworked Programmer/Student until the weekend :)
> >
> > like at least two others!

 ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals