[samba-tng] spoolss conversion and others

Aaron D. Brooks abrooks at css.tayloru.edu
Fri Jan 28 19:37:18 GMT 2000

> You never saw sysadmins adding users by editing /etc/passwd
> directly? Well... I'm one of these. ;)

:r! perl -e'print crypt("password","/.");' works pretty well for adding
the crypt entry in VIM. Who needs anything else? ;) (either that or doing
3DES in one's head can also do the trick.)

> > > and create temporary new lines for them and other stuff...
> > > Or grabbing crypted pws from nt-boxes and writing them
> > > directly into smbpasswd.
> >
> > there's alsways rpcclient samsync command for that one, you know :)

I'm sorry I don't know the details but does samsync pass the SAM as the
one big hive file or as a series of records. If you need a program (the
code in particular) to read the SAM or any hive file for that matter I
have a project that I have been sitting on for about 6 months which reads
raw hive files and can dump any info you'd want. It is currently wired to
dump out to a REGEDIT4 format. Let me know if this is good or helpful or
useful.

-Aaron

+------->
Aaron D. Brooks, 765.998.5168