[samba-tng] spoolss conversion and others

Aaron D. Brooks abrooks at css.tayloru.edu
Fri Jan 28 18:49:33 GMT 2000

> > > Berkeley DB for example has a dump-tool, so one can dump
> > > the db out, modify it and convert it back to a DB.
> > hmm!
>
> Some nice guy mailed me in response to my mail and notified
> me, that apache has a similiar tool for plain dbm.

ypserv uses a similar tool for working with the YP maps. In the Linux RPM
distributions this file is located /usr/lib/yp/makedbm. This command with
the -u option will dump a gdbm file into text form and create a db file
from an input. There are, however, some cautions relating to this. _Some_
db programs ignore certain types of lines (e.g. comments) and any
formatting so don't expect that makedbm(A)=B -> makedbm -u(B)=A . makedbm
is geared specifically for use with YP files.

-Aaron

+------->
Aaron D. Brooks, 765.998.5168
Computing Systems Resource Manager