[samba-tng] spoolss conversion and others

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Fri Jan 28 18:19:36 GMT 2000

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 05:00:24AM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > > :) rpcclient will be your best friend.
> >
> > Well, I like to do funny things, like comment out users,
>
> oo! *wobble*  makes me go jittery at the knees just tinking about it.

*grin*

You never saw sysadmins adding users by editing /etc/passwd
directly? Well... I'm one of these. ;)

> > and create temporary new lines for them and other stuff...
> > Or grabbing crypted pws from nt-boxes and writing them
> > directly into smbpasswd.
>
> there's alsways rpcclient samsync command for that one, you know :)

But that only works on NT Server, doesn't it? I grab the
passwords from workstations, so I can migrate those people
into the samba-domain.

> > Yes, I know, one shouldn't do this, but hey, in 99% of the
> > cases, I know, what I do. ;)
>
> true.
>
>  and hey, writing a tdbdump can't be _that_ hard!  come on, there's
> dump_data() and its partner, out_data(), and i also added out_struct()
> because i needed to produce hex dumps and use them in c-code.
>
> luke

I'll take a look at it, and possibly send Andrew a patch
for his tdbtool. ... next week... maybe.

    Elrond