[samba-tng] spoolss conversion and others

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Fri Jan 28 17:56:31 GMT 2000

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 04:39:29AM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > > then i will get on with designing and writing a srv_samrd_tdb.c.
> > > _that's_ going to be fun, i get a chance to cut out all that trash in
> > > passdb/*.c and groupdb/*.c, hooray, at last i hear you all say.
> >
> > I hope, there will be some nice tools to modify the
> > database by hand. (I'm one of those admins, who like his
> > editor for doing _many_ things.)
>
> :) rpcclient will be your best friend.

Well, I like to do funny things, like comment out users,
and create temporary new lines for them and other stuff...
Or grabbing crypted pws from nt-boxes and writing them
directly into smbpasswd.

Yes, I know, one shouldn't do this, but hey, in 99% of the
cases, I know, what I do. ;)

> > Berkeley DB for example has a dump-tool, so one can dump
> > the db out, modify it and convert it back to a DB.
> hmm!

Some nice guy mailed me in response to my mail and notified
me, that apache has a similiar tool for plain dbm.

> > I don't know, whether tdbtool has this. (Should realy check
> > myself...)
>
> kno, it doesn't.

Would be nice, if it had.