Problems compiling Samba-TNG for IRIX

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Fri Jan 28 16:49:16 GMT 2000

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 12:20:43AM +1100, Kim Bjoern Nielsen wrote:
[...]
> Compiling lib/domain_namemap.c
> lib/domain_namemap.c: In function `lookup_remote_ntname':
> lib/domain_namemap.c:914: warning: assignment discards `const' from
> pointer target type

Ignore those warnings... they're for the developers...

[...]
> ld32: WARNING 85: definition of __deregister_frame_info in
> bin/.libs/libnmb.so preempts that definition in bin/.libs/libsamba.so.
[...]

__deregister_frame_info sounds like something from gcc. I
guess, gcc links its own helperlibs into each shared
library, and so this results in these warnings. Unless you
mix gcc-versions, that shouldn't hurt.

Also I don't know much about irix, so I might be completely
off here.