[samba-tng] spoolss conversion and others

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Fri Jan 28 16:43:40 GMT 2000

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 05:28:22PM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> 3 functions left to go.  should be done by tomorrow afternoon.  that
> leaves sander striker to do 3 functions in samr (he said tomorrow
> evening).  and elrond to do lsarpcd.  there were a couple of other people,
> if you remember who you are, there's still srvsvc, svcctl and netlogond
> left to do (out of the biggies).
>
> i'd consider netlogond and lsarpcd to be the priorities.  netlogond....
> yeah, netlogond shouldn't be a problem.  i thought it _might_ be due to
> the referencing of the credential database, but i forgot that i converted
> that over to use netlogoncreds.tdb, so _that_'s ok.
>
> if there are any takers for netlogond (we already have elrond on lsarpcd),

I hope, I get most done on sunday.

> then i will get on with designing and writing a srv_samrd_tdb.c.
> _that's_ going to be fun, i get a chance to cut out all that trash in
> passdb/*.c and groupdb/*.c, hooray, at last i hear you all say.

I hope, there will be some nice tools to modify the
database by hand. (I'm one of those admins, who like his
editor for doing _many_ things.)

Berkeley DB for example has a dump-tool, so one can dump
the db out, modify it and convert it back to a DB.

I don't know, whether tdbtool has this. (Should realy check
myself...)

    Elrond