Problem adding domain users to local admin group

Russel H. Ingram ringram at acpl.lib.wy.us
Fri Jan 28 02:27:33 GMT 2000

I recently decided I'd give the TNG branch of Samba a try on a domain
that was already running version 2.0.5a (I know ... big mistake).  When
I found that it wasn't ready for my domain yet I went back only to find
that none of the machines were able to login to the domain any longer.
I knew how to fix that by either restoring the original SID file or
re-adding all machines to the domain.  So I re-added all of the machines
to the domain because I hadn't made a backup of the original SID file.
Anyway, before this whole episode, I was able to see the normal 15
domain users from the User Manager and add them to the local machine
admin group.  Now I have lost that ability.  The error it gives in the
User Manager dialog for adding users to the admin group is something
like "unable to view users from the domain due to the following error:
invalid tag".  I'm not sure about the exact wording before the colon but
the part after the colon is accurate.  Anybody got any ideas?

--
Russel Ingram           | "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"
Linux.com Support Staff |