Slow Print Server

Mark Cooke mpc at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 23:52:27 GMT 2000

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Gene Yee wrote:

> I am running a Samba Linux print server using the RedHat 6.1 distribution.
> Samba v2.0.5a which comes with RedHat.

Hi Gene,

I was having problems with smbclient being very very slow putting
files from a redhat 6.1/2.0.5a to windows machines (bytes per second
over a pretty quiet 10mbps network). Perhaps you are seeing similar?

The solution here was to upgrade to 2.0.6. Write speeds are up into
the hundreds of kbytes range now.

Regards,

Mark