joining NT4 domain, connection refused

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Wed Jan 26 19:16:38 GMT 2000

if you do, you will also need to move over the private/smbpasswd entry for
the workstation as well (assuming that you have two different smbpasswd
files)

and yes, you probably do have other problems.  follow the FAQ
instructions.

btw a word of warning to people:

 BACK UP YOUR MACHINE.SID FILE IF YOU EVER INTEND TO RETURN TO USING 2.0.X

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Paul Allen wrote:

> I grabbed the samba-tng sources via CVS on January 13 and have just
> gotten around to building and testing it.  When I attempt to join
> the local NT domain from my test Solaris 7 Samba server, smbpasswd
> complains that the connection is refused by the PDC.  The PDC is running
> NT 4, service pack 5.
>
> Interestingly, I can join the domain from this machine if I use my
> old 2.0.4b smbpasswd.  Can I just move the *.mac file over into the
> samba-tng/private directory, or have I got more fundamental problems?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Paul Allen
> --
> Paul L. Allen           | voice: (425) 865-3297  fax: (425) 865-2964
> Unix Technical Support  | paul.l.allen at boeing.com
> Boeing Phantom Works Math & Computing Technology Site Operations,
> POB 3707 M/S 7L-68, Seattle, WA 98124-2207

 ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals