Panic: Failed to set uid

markus stephany merkes at t-online.de
Wed Jan 26 17:24:37 GMT 2000

Hello Juergen,

JB> Hi everybody,

JB> I installed a printer on today's tng, but each time I try to print I get

JB> Failed to set uid privileges to (2034,2034) now set to (0,0)
JB> PANIC: failed to set uid

JB> in the logfile. The files are generated in the printer directory, I can
JB> print those manually via lpr.
JB> The system is Suse linux 6.3, 2.2.13 with today's tng. Please let
JB> me know if you need more info.

JB> Did I miss something? Or is this a known problem?

JB> TIA
JB> Juergen

JB> Juergen Bock                    jrb at fluent.de
JB> FLUENT Deutschland GmbH         Hindenburgstrasse 36
JB> D-64295 Darmstadt               +49-(0)6151-3644-0

hello,

i also have these problems with the same suse and kernel.
also tng (from yesterday cvs) seems not to map the german
umlauts correctly (i used the same character mapping like in my samba
2.0.6 configuration, but i couldn't access e.g. the "startmenü" folder in
my roaming profiles).
to circumvent these problems temporarily, i added a second ip-address
to the network adapter, and now i run tng as pdc on the second ip address and
samba 2.0.6 as my print and file server on the first one.

--
rgds, markus stephany
mailto:merkes at merkespages.de
http://www.merkespages.de