Don't get it (am I stupid?)

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Wed Jan 26 16:41:07 GMT 2000

Martijn Grendelman wrote:

> martijn at Serv2> pwd
> /usr/local/samba/bin
> martijn at Serv2> ./smbpasswd -a -m testmg
> smbpasswd: illegal option -- a
> smbpasswd [options] [password]
>   -s                   use stdin for password prompt
>   -D LEVEL             debug level
>   -U USER              remote username
>   -r MACHINE           remote machine
>
> What's wrong with my "smbpasswd" and how do I get one that works?

Please double-check what version of samba your running.
It seems that you are running some old version of Samba.
smbpasswd -? gives here :

mbpasswd [options] [username] [password]
  -s                   use stdin for password prompt
  -D LEVEL             debug level
  -U USER              remote username
  -r MACHINE           remote machine
  -R ORDER             name resolve order
  -j DOMAIN            join domain name
  -a                   add user
  -d                   disable user
  -e                   enable user
  -n                   set no password
  -m                   machine trust account

regards,
   Michael
--
Samba NT-Domain howto (in german)