Error C000019B (fwd)

Schlomo Schapiro schapiro at clerk.pi.huji.ac.il
Tue Jan 25 07:16:45 GMT 2000

Yes, this seems logical. But where is the SID kept ? I have a file called
DOMAINNAME.SID, is it that ?

Samba 2.0.5a created a file called MACHINE.SID, should I copy its contents
to the DOMAINNAME.SID for the new smbd/nmbd ?

Could there be a problem if I start smbd/nmbd AFTER starting the other
daemons ?

Lately the problem changed a bit (I re-created the server machine account
when the NEW nmbd/smbd was running): It doesn't create the C000019B
message but tells me that my password is wrong (this long message that
suggests to check caps lock). Setting it again via smbpasswd didn't help
either.

What are the neccessary steps to move from samba 2.0.5a to a mixed
head/TNG setup without going to all the WS and joining the domain again.

Schlomo

PS: Thanks for your help

PPS: The two search sites are STILL not working, could sombody please
notify the webmaster ?

email: schapiro at clerk.pi.huji.ac.il