Print Share Length Limit?

Gene Yee gene_yee at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 20:09:03 GMT 2000

Understandable to NT4.0 might not handle it very gracefully and error out.
But NT does support 255 characters in a share name, at least when using a
actual NT box as a print server.  Anyway to make Samba work with NT4.0 in
this way?

I am trying to convert a corporate NT print server and would like to retain
the share names.  I've found that the Linux Print server doesn't seem to
work well with spaces in the share name either.  I just used a underscore
instead, however 12 characters is rather limiting.

Thanks.