Print Share Length Limit?

Gene Yee gene_yee at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 18:50:59 GMT 2000

I hope this message goes out, just subscribed to the lists...

Anyway, I have created a Linux Samba print server using Red Hat 6.1  If
someone tells me how to check the version of Samba, I will be glad to look
and tell.  However it is the one which comes with the RH 6.1 distribution.

Everything in general appears to work OK, however shares with names longer
than 12 characters fails to print from WinNT 4.0.  I have not tested in
other enviroments except for Win2k which does print OK.

When I do a test page out of NT4.0 I get a message stating a failure and:

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.