Browser

Ivan Makfinsky imak at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jan 23 21:18:55 GMT 2000

Maybe I am overlooking something but i cannot seem to get the browser
function working correctly... i cant see shares from other workstations. Let
me explain - i have one pdc running off samba 2.0.5a, and two workstations -
one w98 and one nt4.0. I have shares on both the workstations that cannot be
seen from each other. I have the latest tng code and have tried running
that, but for some odd reason it wont authenticate me, so i cannot logon to
the workstations, this is pre3.0.0 code... i just did a cvs update, a few
mins ago... here's the error i get - on the nt workstation:
the system cannot log you on (C000019B), try again later...

i was having a problem with file permissions earlier but i fixed that...
wrong mask set... but i cannot logon from the domain logon prompt even after
fixing this with the pre3.0 code, i can logon no problem with the 2.0.5
code...

help?

what information would be helpful in diagnosing this?

imak