Status on...?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Sat Jan 22 18:02:47 GMT 2000

i really don't want smbpasswd to be doing remote updates.  in fact, i
really don't want rpcclient to be doing _local_ updates!

i'm going to be modifying rpcclient so that it doesn't have to use
libsmbpw.so, and smbclient so that it doesn't ahave to use libmsrpc.so.

does that make any sense? :)

luke

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, S. Striker wrote:

> >> I know, I've seen and read the FAQ, but I wish to do this from a
> >> crontab. Can you do something like:
> >> echo "samsync" | rpcclient -S THEPDCNAME -U admin%pass -W
> THEPDCDOMAINNAME
> >
> > rpcclient -S pdc -U admin%pass -W domain -e "lsaquery ; samsync".
> > the -e comes over from smbclient code from over two years ago.
>
> Oops. Could have found that one in the man pages. Sorry. By the way,
> it says -c like Elrond said. However, does smbpasswd -S also work, or is
> this
> outdated?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sander Striker

 ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals