Status on...?

Lars Kneschke lars at kneschke.de
Sat Jan 22 14:20:55 GMT 2000

"S. Striker" wrote:

> >> - Is it possible to do a sync between Samba BDC and NT PDC using
> >>   smbpasswd -S, or is another command te be used?
> > http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/samba_bdc.php3
>
> I know, I've seen and read the FAQ, but I wish to do this from a
> crontab. Can you do something like:
> echo "samsync" | rpcclient -S THEPDCNAME -U admin%pass -W THEPDCDOMAINNAME
I don't have the source here. But have you read the manpage for
rpcclient.
There must be a way to do this.

> >> - Is it possible to unjoin from a domain? You can join, but can you
> >>   move to another domain at a later time?
> > Yes. Create a new Worktstation Trust Account on the new PDC and do
> > smbpasswd -j "domainname" on the samba server that shuld join the
> > domain.
>
> OK. That's the joining part, but aren't you still a member of the first
> domain you joined? How do you 'unjoin'? Or, can you only be a member
> of one domain?
In the "private" directory exists a *.mac file, after you have joined
the domain(i think domainname.netbiosname.mac). If you delete this file
you can't log in the domain anymore. You can also delete the workstation
trust account on the pdc.

Cu
--

Do you like Samba?