Status on...?

S. Striker s.striker at striker.nl
Sat Jan 22 12:36:55 GMT 2000

>> - Is it possible to do a sync between Samba BDC and NT PDC using
>>   smbpasswd -S, or is another command te be used?
> http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/samba_bdc.php3

I know, I've seen and read the FAQ, but I wish to do this from a
crontab. Can you do something like:
echo "samsync" | rpcclient -S THEPDCNAME -U admin%pass -W THEPDCDOMAINNAME

>> - Is it possible to unjoin from a domain? You can join, but can you
>>   move to another domain at a later time?
> Yes. Create a new Worktstation Trust Account on the new PDC and do
> smbpasswd -j "domainname" on the samba server that shuld join the
> domain.

OK. That's the joining part, but aren't you still a member of the first
domain you joined? How do you 'unjoin'? Or, can you only be a member
of one domain?

Greetings,

Sander Striker