[SAMBA-TNG] using and createing libsmb and libmsrpc

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Fri Jan 21 19:13:27 GMT 2000

	If you're using libtool, it might be being clever and hard-coding
the library installation paths in the binaries.  (it does on some
architectures)

	I would be VERY, VERY suprised if the CWD was in the library search
path.

	The linker generally has a default path of /lib:/usr/lib, perhaps
augmented by paths specified in an /etc/ld.so.conf or similar depending on
the OS.

> > > btw, _yes_ i intend to to a total replacement of the libsmrpc code,
> with
> > > function parameter arguments EXACTLY the same as the MSDN.  this will
> be
> > > about.........hmmm.... four to six weeks' work.
> > >
> > 	What specific benefits are there to duplicating that hideous
> > interface?  I mean, seriously?
>
> LOTS!  porting NT applications back to Unix, for a start!
>
> and actually, i quite _like_ the hideous interface, i've been having to
> work "behind-the-scenes" for the last two years, and i quite like it!  ok,
> i've seen better, but if you understanda that it's _all_, and i do _mean_
> all, based on DCE/RPC, then you kinda get used to its quirks.

	Well, I'll take your word for it.