trouble with libtool on IRIX

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Fri Jan 21 19:00:45 GMT 2000

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 05:35:45AM +1100, Greg Dickie wrote:

> I sent Elrond some more info and tried some suggestions which worked so I
> believe he knows what's going on but I have no idea if its libtool or the way
> its being used thats the problem. I'm sure he will enlighten us.

Hehe, thanks for the nice words. :)

> Greg

It's _again_ libtool (and the way, we use it... they didn't
expect us to do it)

I've tracked some things down.

Could you edit libtool (it's a shell-script), and do the
following:

Somewhere at the beginning, there should be two lines
looking like these ones:

	# Commands used to build and install a shared archive.
	archive_cmds="\$CC ..... "

in the second line, there should be somewhere in the middle
	\${wl}\${objdir}/so_locations
could you replace that with:
	\${wl}\${output_objdir}/so_locations

Okay, after that do a "rm bin/* && make" and hope, that it
helped... If it helped, I'll modify libtool to generate
this so.

(Oh well, now I know again, why gtk+ and the like have
their own libtool, we are going to have that too soon...)

    Elrond