trouble with libtool on IRIX

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Fri Jan 21 18:25:21 GMT 2000

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 04:55:56AM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> greg, bugs with libtool should be reported to them./ unless it's something
> that elrond can deal with, he is already cross with the libtool team (and
> me too) for assuming that linking is going to be in the same directory:
> $(LD) bin/rpcclient fails, they assume $(LD) rpcclient, he had to hack it
> to get it to work.

And from the report, that I got from Greg (thanks for
doing, what I asked for !), it looks like, this is the same
story, but this time for libraries.

I'm currently trying to track that down in the
libtool-sources...

For the moment, I know only one easy, but not so nice
work-arround, until I find the "right" way:

	./configure --disable-shared