domain map group fail

Vladimir Stavrinov vs at lasp.npi.msu.su
Fri Jan 21 12:55:45 GMT 2000

On  Fri, 21 Jan 2000 03:20:31 +1100   Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton  wrote:
--------

> ok, straight away, there is a problem, here.  if your server is a PDC, you
> should have Domain:L.A.S.P and Dimain: L.A.S.P here.

What is "Dimain"?

> i checked your [slightly difficult to read] smb.conf file again, and you
> are missing "security = user" from it.  i don't know what the default is,
> but this may be part of the problem.
>
> the default may be "security = share" which will certainly _not_ make you
> a PDC.

No. "security = user" is by default. But I will write this explicitly in
smb.conf in any way.

> the other issue may be that you are using a NetBIOS name with "."s in it.
> try changing this to one that hasn't (e.g LASPDOMAIN).

Doubt. Why this was not cause any problems before? More over, even now, this
is recognized by samba as domain name, what can be seen in  many massages from
different pieces of software and at length, I can log-in to domain as ordinary
user. Nevertheless, may by You know better and if I will change domain name,
this will be as last resort.

Thanks for support.