changing password from NT possible?

Chriseli de Rama chriseli at hh.bc.ca
Thu Jan 20 19:20:50 GMT 2000

Hi Igor,

2.0.5a works and our users can change passwords from NT boxes when our NTs
were still on SP5.

Check your chat script on smb.conf and make sure it's matches what your
passwd program does.

If your Samba Server sits on a Linux box (RH in my case) it would help if
you limit your password length to 6 <= passwd <= 8.

Chriseli