No actual problem!!

Pontus Karlsson Pontus.Karlsson at dat.hk-r.se
Thu Jan 20 11:14:23 GMT 2000

Hi all!!

This mail is not sent because I have a problem, more that
I solved a problem that I had and could not find on any
homepages or faqs I looked.

I'm running Solaris 5.6 and Samba 2.0.4b(as PDC) with NT4 clients.
One day I had to set special rigths on local files
on one NT-client and found that, when I klicked on the show all users for
the domain, only two users where shown and I got the error message
"The tag is invalid".
Now , what tag was that? ;) (it's not german so it was not the wrong day ;)
Making the story short:

If you get the problem above, make sure you don't have any old users
in the smbpasswd that you have erased from the passwd file.
After I removed the users from smbpasswd that where not found
in the passwd file, I could see all the users on the NT-client again.

Hopefully this info is helpfull to someone out there...

Have a nice day!!

         "Everything should be as simple as it is,
                       but not simpler"
                    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Pontus Karlsson [pontus.karlsson at dat.hk-r.se]
SystemAdministrator at the Department of Computers
at the University in Karlskrona/Ronneby
Phone: +46 455 385153